JAMB profile code is by far, the most important first step you need to take if you are interested in registering for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination.
According to the UTME officials and authorities, aspiring candidates must ensure that they request for a JAMB profile code first, before going to register for the examination. Make sure you follow the guides and procedures outlined below.
Table of Contents
Important Note For JAMB Profile Code Creation:
- When you request for your JAMB profile code, make sure you have N50 (Fifty Naira) airtime and above in your Simcard.
- Ensure the phone number you’re using to create the JAMB profile code has never been used before to create the JAMB profile. (This is important, especially for candidates who has previously registered JAMB).
- The same warning goes for the email address you’ll be using, ensure you have not used the email address to previously create JAMB profile. This is to ensure your profile is not entangled.
You are advised to create your UTME profile with a valid and unique GSM Number that has never been used before and that you have 100% access to. Because all vital information will be sent to the GSM Number you supply during your JAMB profile creation.
How to Get JAMB Profile Code.
- To create a new profile, you are required to send Surname FirstName MiddleName as an SMS from your phone number to 55019. Make sure the names you provided are in the specified order and separated from each other by a space. e.g. Jide Chinedu Ahmadu
- If you have already created a JAMB profile and you want to update an existing profile that has not purchase a UTME/DE PIN, Send Correct Surname FirstName MiddleName as SMS from your phone number to 55019. It is important to note here that the names you provided are in the specified order and separated from each other by a space. e.g. Correct Jide Chinedu Ahmadu (Take note that you are allowed to correct names if you have not used the confirmation code to purchase UTME/DE PIN).
- If you misplaced your JAMB confirmation code, you can request for your confirmation code again by sending Resend as SMS from your phone number to 55019. e.g. Resend
- Now, if you have already purchased a UTME PIN and you want to receive it again, Send UTMEPIN as SMS from your unique GSM number to 55019. e.g. utmepin
- While for candidates who have already purchased a Direct Entry PIN and want to receive it again, simply send DEPIN as SMS from your phone number to 55019. e.g. depin
- For full guidelines on how to use the JAMB short code service (55019), send HELP as SMS from your phone number to 55019. e.g. help
- While for candidates who want to reset their Profile Password, Send PASSWORD email as SMS from your phone number to 55019. e.g. Password email@example.com
All candidates should take note that once you have received the receipt of your confirmation code, take the code with you to any selling point for sales of the form (Banks, Online Payments, Mobile money operators, jamb accredited registration centers, etc.)
- Note that the MiddleName is optional.
- Make sure that you do NOT hand over your cellphone to any person/agent to create your profile or receive your confirmation code for you. Use the guide above to do it yourself. It’s that easy.
JAMB Profile Code Frequent Questions and Answers.
Question: how to check my jamb profile code?
Answer: To check your JAMB profile code, simply send Resend as SMS from your phone number to 55019. This service will cost you N50. Make sure you have N50 in your simcard account balance so this request will be successful.
Question: I forgot my jamb profile code?
Answer: If you forgot your jamb profile code, the good news is that you can easily retrieve it by sending Resend via SMS from your phone number to 55019. This service will cost you N50. Ensure you have N50 on your unique GSM number before sending this.
Question: JAMB Profile confirmation code.
Answer: If you are yet to receive your JAMB profile confirmation code, send Correct Surname FirstName MiddleName as SMS from your phone number to 55019.
Question: How to recover lost JAMB profile code?
Answer: Recovering a lost profile code is easy but will cost you N50. To recover your lost JAMB profile code, send “RESEND” to 55019.
Your JAMB profile code will be sent to you. Don’t forget, have up to N50 airtime to make it easier.
Question: how to know my jamb username and password?
Answer: To know your JAMB username and password, you must have already created an account on JAMB website. To create a JAMB account, follow this guideline provided here ⇒ How to create JAMB account.
Question: how to retrieve jamb profile code without phone number?
Answer: Well, you need to login to your JAMB account and your jamb profile code will be displayed there. To login, visit https://www.jamb.org.ng/eFacility_/ and enter your username and password.
Goodluck. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to use the comment box and ask us, we are ever ready to answer your questions and point you towards the right direction. Don’t forget, we’ll appreciate it if you can share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Whatsapp.